Friday 15 June 2012

The Rescue Begins...

I have decided that I will be saving my quilt!


I have been working very hard on it over the last few days quilting the border so I can bind it and wash it, then I will be able to finish the rest of it with the knowledge that it won't fall apart.


Please be kind with your comments about how the bad the quilting is, I am a bit rusty and this quilt is so big it is making my machine look like a toy.
Here are some pics of what the quilting looks like so far...


This is the first border complete

All the small hearts in the sashing are hand quilted

The hearts on the blocks are also hand quilted


Now I need to concentrate on the last two borders, I am so excited to see it come together after seeing it lay around for so long.


I will update again when it has been bound.


Hugs 

No comments: